Senior Software Developer
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Our mission at Stormboard, is to remove all barriers for turning ideas into actions, leading to outcomes that will change your world! Our team is united by shared values of creativity, passion, and learning. As a team member, Stormboard will amplify your career by taking on new challenges to following the lead of incredible mentors. We promise you will grow, learn, and make a difference. We work with some of the world’s biggest brands and you will have opportunities to work with them while growing in a collaborative company culture.
We are looking for a candidate for a Senior Software Developer. As a developer at Stormboard, you will have opportunities to contribute to all aspects of the application code-base. You will work closely and collaboratively with the team in a leadership position to deliver and maintain innovative features that will improve user experience and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of Stormboard.
- You are a strong communicator, collaborator, and leader.
- You have a passion for writing solid, scalable, well-documented, and bug-free code.
- Applying creative problem-solving for great solutions.
- You thrive in a fast-paced working environment.
- You can delegate tasks appropriately and follow up on assignments.
You’re good at:
- Managing project stakeholders to ensure the task meets product specifications, while still following secure principles and Stormboard methodologies
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- Communication and have excellent time management skills.
- Continuous learning and improvement.
- Quickly diagnosing problems and meeting deadlines.
What you will do:
- Ensure conformance to all product development specifications as established by design, development and marketing teams.
- Conduct peer reviews to ensure code meets specification, is clear, concise, well documented and solves the associated issue.
- Approve all levels of code deployments including, but not limited to: bug fixes, feature requests, and security patches.
- Design and write code with a focus on performance, scalability and security.
- You will assist with identifying and correcting software defects as well as the development of new features.
- Stay up-to-date with emerging technologies and industry trends.
- Keep up to date on all security issues.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
- Evaluate, recommend and select 3rd party components which will make the development life cycle shorter and more productive.
- Performance tuning, improvement, balancing, usability, automation.
- Build and maintain clear communication channels (written and verbal) with other development staff to ensure clear and concise understanding of product requirements.
- Follow all change management procedures.
- Assist with product compliance initiatives.
- Keep up to date on all security issues and relay new information to team members.
What you need:
- Node.js experience.
- PHP and JS unit test writing experience.
- Work in an Agile team environment.
- Understanding of the "GitHub Flow".
- Ability to prioritize issues and manage stakeholder expectation.
- Ability to work independently.
- Full fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Professional PHP experience is an asset.
- Reports directly to CTO.
- Salary is dependent on experience, to be negotiated.
- Competitive benefits.
- Full-time status.
- Local preferred, but remote is an option for the right candidate.
Stormboard & Diversity
Stormboard is all about innovation and we believe that diversity leads to innovation. Stormboard is committed to employment diversity and works affirmatively to recruit a diverse group of employees. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status or place of origin.